Leeds GovJam 2017Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 6:00 PM - Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 5:00 PM (LMT) More Information → Register
Leeds GovJam is a chance to learn by doing. Your team will collaborate rapidly in designing and testing solutions to public problems. You’ll get more than great new ideas and service design methods: by the end of the event you will have the experience of co-creating a working prototype.
It's part of the Global GovJam, an international event that applies tools and techniques of service design to the world of government and the public sector. Working around a common theme, small teams meet at multiple locations to prototype innovative approaches to challenges faced by the public sector. At the end of the two days, they upload their results and publish them for the world.
48 hours to rock the public sector:
- Tuesday 16 May, 6pm to 8pm: Everyone gathers to discover a global theme, which is kept secret until jams all over the world have seen it
- Wednesday 17 May, 9am to 5pm: We split into teams and work together to design and prototype new services inspired by the theme
- Thursday 18 May, 9am to 5pm: More testing and making up to 3pm when everyone shows what they've made and shares their work online with a Creative Commons License.
It's for anyone and everyone with an interest in public services and making them better. Leeds GovJam brings together people working in local authorities, the NHS, national government departments, as well as the private and voluntary sectors. What they all have in common is a curiosity to try new ways of working together around public sector opportunities and issues.
We hope you'll join our jam!
- You must be aged 18 or over to join Leeds GovJam.
- If you need to cancel for any reason, please contact us more than 2 weeks before the Jam for a full refund of your ticket price. If you cancel less than 2 weeks before the Jam, refunds will be at our discretion.